HDI PCB Manufacturer & Assembly – One-stop services
HDI pcb is the abbreviation for High Density Interconnect pcb or High Density pcb. An HDI PCB is defined as a printed circuit board with a higher wiring density per unit area than a conventional PCB. Hitech Circuits Co., Limited is a professional high density interconnect pcbs, hdi pcb board manufacturer, supplier and design company from China, if you are looking for reliable high density interconnect PCb board partner from China, please don’t hesitate to contact [email protected] .
What is a high-density interconnection PCB board
HDI is the abbreviation of High Density Interconnection, which is a kind of technology for the production of printed circuit boards. High density interconnection PCB board is a circuit board with a relatively high line distribution density using micro-blind and buried via technology.
HDI includes the use of fine features or signal traces and spaces of 0.003” (75 µm) or less and laser-drilled blind or buried microvia technology. Microvias allow the use of micro-interconnects from one layer to another within a PCB utilizing a smaller pad diameter creating additional routing density or reducing form factor.
HDI pcb board is a compact product designed for small-capacity users.
Advantages of high-density interconnected PCB boards
- It can reduce the cost of PCB: When the density of PCB increases to more than eight-layer board, it is manufactured by HDI, and its cost will be lower than that of the traditional complex pressing process.
- Increase circuit density: has better interconnection than that of traditional circuit boards and parts
- Conducive to the use of advanced construction technology
- Have better electrical performance and signal accuracy
- Better reliability
- Can improve thermal properties
- It can improve radio frequency interference ( RFI ), electromagnetic wave interference ( EMI ), electrostatic discharge ( ESD )
- Increase design efficiency
Disadvantages of high-density interconnected PCB boards
- The value of NDI impedance focuses on pattern transfer (complexity of patterns) and pattern electroplating process.
- The quantity and quality are abnormal, especially the high-density circuit part of the HDI PCB board has a slower etch rate than the isolation line, which causes the isolation line to be over-etched.
- When the entire HDI board is etched after electroplating, a large area of copper on the PCB circuit board will be etched away, which increases the production cost. At the same time, a large amount of copper ions enter the waste liquid after etching, causing environmental pollution and difficulty in recycling.
High-density interconnection PCB board Vs ordinary PCB board
Ordinary PCB board is mainly FR-4, which is laminated with epoxy resin and electronic grade glass cloth. Generally, traditional HDI PCB board uses backed copper foil on the outer surface, because laser drilling cannot penetrate the glass cloth, glass fiber-free backed copper foil is generally used. However, the current high-energy laser drilling machine can penetrate 1180 glass cloth. This is no difference from ordinary PCB board materials.
Applications of high-density interconnected PCB boards
While electronic design is constantly improving the performance of the whole equipment, researchers are also working hard to reduce its size. In small portable products ranging from mobile phones to smart weapons, “small” is an eternal pursuit. High-density interconnection (HDI PCB) technology can make terminal product designs more compact, while meeting higher standards of electronic performance and efficiency. HDI PCB board is widely used in mobile phones, digital cameras, MP3, MP4, notebook computers, automotive electronics, IC carrier boards and other digital products, among which mobile phones are the most widely used.
High density PCB is used extensively in applications and industries including
- Cell phone
- Note book computers
- IC Carrier board