With improving technologies, the cost of every PCB assembly production is increasing. Profit margins are being raised. When you look for quality products for your application, the costs are likely to be even higher. But, you obviously want to reduce spending on your expenses, without compromising on the quality. Is that even possible?
Electronics assembly manufacturing companies are always facing issues while attempting to cut down costs as the technology is constantly changing. Electronic devices are always evolving into more and more complex products, in order to meet consumer demands. This is why technology companies are evolving to find new processes for developing products that the end-users demand.
In this blog, you’ll learn about the most common electronic product -the PCB assembly -which is seen as a vital component in almost all kinds of electronics. Even though such a common component, PCB assemblies are very expensive, as the manufacturing process involved to build them is very intricate and complex requiring lots of components and labor. Affording such expensive PCBs may become a problem when there are innumerous PCBs involved in your applications. But, neither can you compromise on the quality to reduce their costs. So then, what are you supposed to do? You must approach a PCB assembly manufacturer from China whose goal is to reduce PCB assembly costs without compromising on quality.
Here are several tips that PCB assembly manufacturers may use to reduce the costs of PCB layout manufacturing.
- Understanding that size can result in a more efficient panelization of the board. where more board per panel results in a lesser cost per board, they may use square or rectangular shaped boards in a standard 18-inch x 24-inch manufacturing panel.
- They may use standard Fr4 material-% or 1 oz. copper, and 1/16 inch PCB thickness.
- They may aim to use .010 inch or larger holes to keep the costs down, as the size of the holes on the board really makes a difference.
- They may keep the schematic and parts list changes to the minimum to further reduce costs. Quicker turnaround time is more expensive: thus they may allow enough time for a turnaround.
- They include all necessary information regarding the layout guidelines, schematic files, reference layout designs, and mechanical requirements while submitting the files for pricing to minimize the costs.